The PorcelainPlus Speedbit(R) was specifically designed for drilling efficiently through hard surfaces. Its speed and durability distinguish itself from other standard carbide bits. With a specially formulated mix of metals and superior designed carbide tip, the PorcelainPlus Speedbit(R) makes installations quicker and easier, therefore, more profitable.
• Specially formulated carbide tip for greater durability and clean precise holes.
• No walking and easy start-up. No tape, center punching or pilot holes are required.
• Can drill near edges of tiles/glass without cracking substrate.
• Average of 25 seconds per hole (based on PEI Class V porcelain tile with ¼” Speedbit).
• Drills 15+ holes per bit (based on PEI Class V porcelain tile with ¼” Speedbit).
1. DIP IN WATER before drilling and about every 5 seconds during drilling (more often when going thru harder materials). We find dipping in water is more effective at cooling the Speedbit than spraying.
2. FIRM PRESSURE: Let the bit do the work. Drill straight into hole and do not wiggle drill.
3. Drilling speed of 2,300 rpms (which is typically FULL SPEED on an 18-volt CORDLESS DRILL (NO Hammer Drills)). Most other carbide bits recommend slower speeds of 400-800 rpms.
Do not apply excessive pressure. Do not use in hammer drills. Do not use dull or damaged bit.
Wear ANSI-approved safety goggles when using the bit.
NOT FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTION WILL PUT EXCESSIVE WEAR ON THE SPEEDBITS AND THEY WILL BURN OUT AND TIP OF BIT CAN POSSIBLY BREAK!!!